The Summer Youth Works is a strategic partnership between the business community, the City of Dublin, Dublin-Laurens County Chamber of Commerce and the Heart of Georgia College and Career Academy to help provide summer employment for youth ages 16 to 18.
The program will run from June 3, 2019 through July 26, 2019 and will help provide gainful opportunities for local youth, connecting them with potential employers, and providing positive role models and structured activities.
If you are a business interested in partnering with the program, please click here: Business Registration to register and learn more about how your participation can help grow our community. Also, interested businesses can plan to attend the Business Information Meeting on March 5th at 5:30 pm at City Hall.
Interested youth ages 16 to 18, currently enrolled and in good standing with their school may register here: Youth Registration to submit their application. Summer Youth Works will be a PAID, 8 week work program providing soft skills training, financial management and on-the job-skill training.
Program requirements for youth participation:
- Be at least 16 years prior to Employment
- Be enrolled in a Dublin-Laurens County High School or home school program
- Be available to attend the full week of soft skills training June 3-7, 2019
- Cannot be absent from employers worksite for seven (7) or more consecutive days
- Cannot be employed at the start of the program
- Must complete a background check and successfully pass a pre-employment drug screening
Assistant City Manager