Join the City of Dublin Youth Council. Our purpose is to provide an opportunity for youth to experience the following:
- Acquire a greater knowledge and appreciation for the political system through active participation in local government.
- Learn how local municipal government works and how municipal services are provided.
- Provide a means by which the City’s youth can be heard and share their perspective on issues affecting the lives of young people in areas of social, educational, recreational, cultural, and law enforcement.
- Assist the Mayor, City Council, and City staff in policy and decision-making, problem solving, and accomplishing community goals.
- Provide leadership development and experience that will enable the youth to become productive citizens and leaders in the community.
- For students interested in applying, please click here for application: 2021 Youth Council Application
- Meetings will generally be held twice a month, on dates and times selected by the Youth Council during their initial council meeting in the month of June.
- A mandatory summer orientation training session will be held in the month of July. Date to be announced.
- Additional meetings for committees, special projects and miscellaneous events will be scheduled as necessary.
What does Youth Council do?
- Collect items for GA Mayors' Christmas Motorcade
- Attend Dublin City and Laurens County Commissioner Meetings
- Volunteer with the Georgia Secretary of State Office in the state’s Student Ambassadors Program
- Attend the Georgia Municipal Association’s Youth Conferences
- Attend the annual National League of Cities Conferences
- Volunteer with National Night Out Back to School event
- Hold Voter Registration Drives in schools and the community
- Does presentations throughout the community at school board meetings, civil meetings, and more